Need a routine eye exam? Dreaming of a life without glasses or contacts thanks to LASIK surgery? From routine vision tests to glasses and contact lenses and beyond, Sealy Eye Center accepts a wide variety of eye insurance coverage. Since details can vary between plans, it’s critical to understand what coverage your plan offers when estimating the cost of eye care services. For example, you may be required to pay a copay, coinsurance or meet a deductible. Additionally, coverage for certain services may be limited to one every 12 or 24 months, depending on the type of service and insurance plan you hold.
What is vision care coverage?
Vision care is a supplementary coverage benefit offered under health insurance plans. Depending on your specific insurance, this coverage benefit may include eye exams, a wide range of fashionable frames and lenses, contact lens options, and discounts on laser correction procedures (LASIK).
For example, we accept Vision Care from Aetna, which offers two plan levels: Aetna and Aetna Preferred. Aetna vision care includes coverage for eye exams, and some plans may include coverage for contact lenses and glasses. Aetna Vision Preferred is a standalone vision coverage option available to individuals even if they do not have other Aetna health insurance. This standalone option provides additional benefits including savings on LASIK surgery.
If you only need annual eye exams, a basic care plan may be sufficient to meet your coverage needs. However, if you are interested in LASIK surgery, a preferred-level plan would offer additional discount benefits that could help make this procedure more affordable.
What plans does Sealy Eye Center accept?
Sealy Eye Center accepts the following medical insurance plans:
- AARP (Medicare Supplement)
- AETNA (HMO/PPO/EPO/POS)
- Accordian (PPO) (Beechstreet)
- AIG Life (PPO) (Multi-Plan)
- Amerihealth (PPO) (Beechstreet)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (PPO/EPO/POS/Health Select TRS)
- CIGNA (HMO/PPO/Flexcare/Select & Open Access)
- Group Health (1st Health)
- Mailhandlers (1st Health)
- Great West/One Health Plan (HMO/PPO/POS/Open Access
- Medicare Part B
- RailRoad Medicare
- Pacificare (HMO/PPO)
- United Healthcare (HMO CHOICE/PPO/EPO/POS)
We accept vision care plans from:
- Comp Benefits
- Superior Vision
- Vision Service Plan (VSP)
We accept plans from the following organizations and third parties:
- Accountable (PPO)
- AIM Administrators (Beechstreet)
- Allied Benefits (Beechstreet)
- CAPP Care (Beechstreet)
- CORE Source (Beechstreet)
- General American (Beechstreet)
- Benefit Planners
- First Health
- CNN (First Health)
- Choice Care (Humana)
- C.N.A. Health Partners (PHCS)
- Assurant Health-Fortis (PHCS)
- General American (PHCS)
- John Alden (PHCS)
- Allmerica Financial (PHCS)
- American Medical Security (PHCS)
- The Guardian (PHCS)
- Kirke Van Orsdel (PHCS)
- Principal Life (PHCS)
- GEHA (Medicare Supplement)
- HAS (PPO)
- PPO Next
- Integrated Health Plan
- MultiPlan Network (PPO Network)
- One Health Plan (Great West)
- Provider Network Of America
- Focus (IHP)
- Texas True Choice
- HNA (Health Network of America)
- Galaxy (HNA)
- Mutual of Omaha (Medicare Supplement)
The team at Sealy Eye Center understands that navigating health insurance and vision coverage benefits can be confusing. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible. Should you have any questions about your benefits or how to file a claim, please contact our team. We are here to help!